Braveheart

Five Stars: ˜˜˜˜˜
This film has a permanent spot on my favorites list. Released in 1995, it catapulted Mel Gibson’s career into Hollywood immortality, as he both starred and directed it. Despite glaring historical inaccuracies (i.e., the Battle of Stirling Bridge not involving a bridge), it is rousingly patriotic and widely acknowledged as the ultimate “man’s movie.” It is a beautiful telling of love, honor, pride, loyalty, betrayal, tyranny, and freedom which can stir my soul with only James Horner’s haunting soundtrack.
MEMORABLE QUOTES
“I know you can fight, but it's our wits that make us men.”
“You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom.”
“I came back home to raise crops, and God willing, a family. If I can live in peace, I will.”

No comments:

Post a Comment