You've Got Mail

Five Stars: ˜˜˜˜˜
This fun flick pays loving homage to both of its archetypal inspirations: The Shop around the Corner and Pride and Prejudice. The writers used the relatively new medium of the internet to reinvent a classic tale of boy falls in love with girl who hates him. My personal favorite of all the Meg Ryan-Tom Hanks pairings, this movie has managed to outlive its 90s dial-up connection: good romance and comedy never go out of style.
MEMORABLE QUOTES
“Well, as far as I'm concerned, the Internet is just another way of being rejected by women.”
“This is possibly the most adorable creature I've ever been in contact with, and if she turns out to be as good looking as a mailbox... I would be crazy enough to turn my life upside down and marry her.”
“Kathleen, you are a lone reed. You are a lone reed, standing tall, waving boldly in the corrupt sands of commerce.”

No comments:

Post a Comment