V for Vendetta

Five Stars: ˜˜˜˜˜
This revolutionary 2006 film caused a new generation to remember the Fifth of November. Set in a future fascist state, characters are manipulated by a terrorist mastermind who wears a Guy Fawkes mask and calls himself “V.” Quoting classic literature and bombing government buildings confuses everyone who is trying to decide whether V is a hero or villain. This stunning story challenges the temptation to exchange freedom for protection—whether by each individual or society as a whole.
MEMORABLE QUOTES
“Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask.”
“I've witnessed firsthand the power of ideas: I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them... Ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... and it is not an idea that I miss, it is a man.”
“I remember how the meaning of words began to change. How unfamiliar words like ‘collateral’ and ‘rendition’ became frightening… I remember how ‘different’ became dangerous.”

No comments:

Post a Comment