Father Goose

Four Stars: ˜˜˜˜
Supposed to be Cary Grant’s last film, he always said that this role in 1964 was his favorite because for once he didn’t have to wear a suit and be charming. Quite the opposite, in fact! One of my favorite comedies, this hilarious masterpiece centers around a grumpy old man who is marooned on a Pacific island during WWII. When a schoolmarm and her seven students are also stranded on the island, the stage is set for some classic laughs.
MEMORABLE QUOTES
“So far you're shared me out of my clothes, my food and my house. Now, how about sharing some of my things with me.”
“I believe I've found our nail, sir. A rusty one I grant you, but they don't come any sharper.”
“Maybe if you stopped straightening pictures and let men wear their own pants, maybe they'd be able to touch you without asking ‘permesso!’”

No comments:

Post a Comment