Swing Time

Four Stars: ˜˜˜˜
One of the best of all the Ginger Rogers/ Fred Astaire films, this 1936 musical is the definition of a classic. The stars sing and dance Jerome Kern’s music, much of which was destined to become standards, such as “The Way You Look Tonight” and “A Fine Romance.” The storyline is a simple boy-meets-girl; easily enjoyed, absent of the complicated stress that fills most modern movies. Fantastically choreographed production numbers and lots of laughs round out the flick.
MEMORABLE QUOTES
“Don't worry about me. I always talk to myself. You see, I'm my own grandmother and I have to keep the old girl interested.”
“You still got me. Course, I ain't a young and pretty girl. I ain't even a girl, but I'll stick.”
“I don't care what you happen to think he looks like. I know he stole my quarter.”

No comments:

Post a Comment