The Wind and the Lion

Four Stars: ˜˜˜˜
This incredibly unique film came at a perfect time for Connery and Bergen’s careers in 1975. Very appropriately, it is about change and conflict. Set in Morocco in 1904 (very loosely based on historical events) it affords a view of a world on the brink of war. Fatal incompatibility between brash new cultures and tenacious old ones, mixed with European imperialism, needed only a match to set off a fight. All that, embodied in Theodore Roosevelt and a Berber warlord: two opponents who never meet.
MEMORABLE QUOTES
“If I miss the Morning Prayer, I pray twice in the afternoon. Allah is very understanding!”
“I'd never shoot anyone accidentally. I need their votes.”
“I don't think the French and Germans are gonna like this. Too early in the morning for rattling sabers.”

No comments:

Post a Comment